Go Prime Mortgage Helps VeteransThank you for your service to our country
Go Prime Mortgage offers VA loans as just one of its many loan packages available. If you’re an eligible veteran, first, thank you for your service to our country! Second, Zachery Adam of Go Prime Mortgage does everything he can to match you to the very best mortgage that fits your needs. That may or may not be a VA loan.
VA Home Loan
Near the end of World War II in 1944, the U.S. government showed its appreciation to returning veterans by creating the VA loan program to help vets buy homes. VA loans help eligible veterans by guaranteeing the loans that banks, credit unions and independent mortgage lenders underwrite. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is responsible for this program.
How Do You Qualify for a VA Mortgage?Along with these general requirements of service, there are some other qualifications that may impact your ability to receive a loan that is VA guaranteed. For instance, you need to have a credit score that is satisfactory, a sufficient income from employment or other verifiable sources, as well as a Certificate of Eligibility or COE. This can be obtained online, by mail, or through your lender at Prime Mortgage Lending and Equity Services, Inc. It is also important to note what your VA Mortgage can cover. For instance, you can use it to:
- Buy a home or a VA-approved condominium unit
- Build a home
- Purchase and improve an existing home
- Make energy efficient improvement or install energy related features
- Buy a manufactured home
- Refinance and existing loan, either VA or direct, to get a lower interest rate
- Refinance a mortgage or other secured by a lien of record if the residence is owned and occupied by a veteran
What are the Requirements for a VA Mortgage?If you have served in the U.S. military, you may be able to get a VA home loan to purchase your next home. But there are some criteria you need to meet in order to be eligible for a VA Home Loan. They include:
- At least 90 consecutive days of active service during wartime.
- 181 days or more of active service during peace time.
- 6 or more years of service with the National Guard or Reserves.
- The spouse of a service member who has died in the line or duty or due to a service-related disability. This is limited to spouses who have not remarried.
How Do You Apply for a VA Mortgage?At Prime Mortgage Lending and Equity Services, Inc. we suggest you start by talking with one of our experts to learn about your options and to begin the process. While you can apply online, there is comfort in knowing that you’ll have a direct point of contact for questions or concerns long the way. Most mortgage lenders have access to a system called WebLGY which gives them the ability to apply for the Certificate of Eligibility and start the process of qualifying you for a VA loan.
Safeguards with VA LoansIf you qualify for a VA home loan, you have added peace of mind with these VA home safeguards:
- Builders of new homes are mandated to provide you with a one-year warranty that the home is built to VA-approved specifications. The same warranty also must be provided for newly manufactured homes and condominiums.
- The Department of Veteran Affairs may suspend the loan program from lenders who scam or try to take advantage of the veteran borrowers. Loan suspensions may also be issued if lenders decline to sell a new home or provide loans to eligible veterans of good credit based on race, religion, color, disability, sex, national origin or family status.
- In instances of new construction completed under HUD or VA inspection, the government compensates you for repairing any structural defects that affect livability. You have to request this assistance within four years of the VA loan application to receive the warranty.
- The Department of Veteran Affairs encourages lenders to extend forbearance if you become unable to meet the terms of the loan (based on temporary reasons).
- You can only be charged the fees and additional charges that are deemed allowable by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- You can repay any VA loans with a penalty of no less than the amount of one installment of the loan or $100. In other words, you can’t be penalized for paying a loan off in full before its due date, as is the case in certain other loan types.
Prime Mortgage Lending and Equity Services, Inc. Helps VeteransPrime Mortgage Lending and Equity Services, Inc. offers VA loans as just one of its many loan packages available. If you’re an eligible veteran, first, thank you for your service to our country! Second, Zachery Adam of Prime Mortgage Lending and Equity Services, Inc. does everything he can to match you to the very best mortgage that fits your needs. That may or may not be a VA loan. But there are many ways that VA loans can help you if you’re a veteran, including:
- Purchasing a new home or condominium
- Building a new home
- Refinancing your existing home loan
- Improving, repairing or altering your home
- Buying a manufactured home with or without the lot
- Improving a manufactured home lot
- Installing a cooling or heating system
- Doing home weatherization upgrades
- Purchasing a home while simultaneously improving the energy efficiency of the home
- Refinancing an existing VA loan to decrease the interest rate
Make the Best DecisionsWhat is the Difference Between Types of Loans?
As with any other mortgage option, there are many VA Mortgage types you can consider when it comes to a VA-guaranteed loan. VA purchase loans include fixed rate mortgages or adjustable rate mortgages or ARM. If you’re looking to refinance, loans may include a Refinance Loan or a Streamline Refinance Loan.
To give you a little more detail, let’s start with the Fixed Rate VA loan. Features include:
- Fixed rate for the life of the loan
- Regular monthly payments that normally stay the same
- No money down
- No private mortgage insurance is required
- Limited closing costs
- Competitive interest rates
The fixed rate means that whether or not interest rates go up or down throughout the life if your loan, your rate will always be fixed at the percentage cited when you secured the loan. This can help with long term planning and budgeting.
On the other hand, you might be interested in an adjustable rate VA loan, which offers:
- Periodically adjusted interest rates
- Variable payments based on the interest adjustment
- Limits on the amount of interest adjustments across the life of the loan
- No money down
- No private mortgage insurance
- Limited closing costs
- Competitive interest rates
In addition to the appreciation that the VA shows with these fabulous loan options, remember that it’s local people like your team at Prime Mortgage Lending and Equity Services, Inc. who help you get those loans. You’ll receive first-class customer service whenever you talk to Zachery .
Zachery works really hard for veterans, not only to provide the best mortgage products (including VA loans), but also to explain everything in terms you can understand. It’s not just the right thing to do; it’s the only thing to do. And so, with gratitude for your service, you’ll always be treated with the utmost respect at Prime Mortgage Lending and Equity Services, Inc.
Enjoy a mortgage process built for the modern world.
Borrowers can easily complete a loan application, upload supporting documentation, eSign disclosures, and monitor the status of their loan — in a single, easy-to-use location. Apply Securely Online
The Advantage of an Independent Lender
An Independent California Mortgage Lender like Zachery Adam does not work for the banks. They underwrite most of their loans in-house. Independent lenders approve — and pre-approve — mortgages throughout California. Here are the top five reasons to talk to an independent California mortgage lender:
While a bank can offer many financial products for a wide range of customers, independent California mortgage lenders like Zachery only do mortgage loans. Zachery Adam of Go Prime Mortgage has the knowledge and experience to match you with the right mortgage with the best rates and terms for you.
Independent California mortgage lenders have been around for a long time, surviving the crash and thriving in the new market. Go Prime Mortgage was founded in in 2005. It’s a well-established company with the funding to find mortgage loans even for unusual mortgage applications.
Being independent means independent California mortgage lender Zachery Adam can move faster than big banks to approve mortgages and close loans. Go Prime Mortgage can close in less than 30 days. Our goal is to close on time, every time.
Independent California mortgage lenders like Zachery Adam work directly with you throughout the entire approval process. You’ll be in contact with your lender every step of the way making the entire mortgage approval process much more transparent.
When it comes to mortgages, a California mortgage lender can outmaneuver banks because they offer more types of loans, such as first-time VA loans and debt consolidation loans. Being a California mortgage lender, we have the expertise to find the right loan for you.
Let's Get Started
325 Soquel Ave Santa Cruz CA 95062